Leng Sy-Show off

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leng Sy Cap

I have seen the Old Reef Central thread, Reef Builders articles and various threads on this forum and others.
A favorite of many... Would like to see any pictures of folks that have been growing this out and have good examples resembling the growth found on the original. This beautiful coral deserves to have a standing dedicated thread for pictures.

Please if you have one... post it!

Last edited:

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leng sy monti cap? Mines not huge but finally starting to plate around the edges. Hopefully another 6 months and ill have a nice size colony. The rim doesn't show great under my evening lighting in this photo. If I remember later I'll grab another shot of it. Its right behind the green slimer on the left.
20220417_090220.jpg

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm may not be as popular as I thought? Top of my list along with Oregon Tort and Purple People Eater Paly

Favorites can easily reveal age :eek:

Larry Stewart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice photos. I will add that montipora caps love light and waterflow. Placement for these corals are usually from the middle of tank to the top of the your reef. Fast growing coral that will need space to grow. Only downside would be the shading they create underneath as they grow.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was hoping to see more photos…
Here is a growth update on mine
268CBD31-CEB0-4D32-A945-B3263E7D30AD.jpeg

Imo, the reason you haven't seen more is there are a ton of fakes. There is a green cap with with purple rim mistaken for Leng sey and people think it's just another cap and ordinary.

I always look for two distinct things---

1. Numerous upward nodules
2. White polyps

OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo, the reason you haven't seen more is there are a ton of fakes. There is a green cap with with purple rim mistaken for Leng sey and people think it's just another cap and ordinary.

I always look for two distinct things---

1. Numerous upward nodules
2. White polyps

Per Jake Adams on Reef Builders it sounds like you can get more vertical growth with more light. I don't have much room in my 45 gallon. But I may try to see if I can raise it up a bit, I would like to try to see if I can get that "Original growth" pattern that shows off the purple.

Heck If I can manage to grow a beautiful colony of LengSy, a tank upgrade is justifiable just to show it off :eek:

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that Budman’s Corals usually has frags of this nice coral. His is legit, authenticated.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
truepercs

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get this one? I am looking for this with the sick nodules !
I was given this piece from a local friend, I was in disbelief that he had it... I was quite happy to receive, he knew it was my favorite and it was a decent chunk. (He said it was originally from Cherry corals which is local)

Different from the comment from SawCJack00 my friend told me this piece has been a "slow grower". Unfortunately he had a mishap, once this grows a bit more I will end up giving him a piece back so that he can grow it out again.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back