Leopard puffer plz help!

LAA

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2021
Messages
350
Reaction score
151
Location
yo no say
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I was at petco the other day (I know dont buy fish there...) they had a leopard puffer for sale for $5 and was in freshwater tank. ( i did buy him) These fish can live in fresh or brackish when young (he is 1 1/2 inch) but as they get older they need full marine. I have a 20 gallon reef tank and another 20 gallon saltwater breeding tank for saltwater mollies ( I sell to LFS) so I am experienced with this kinda stuff. I just have a few question so if you could answer that would be great!
#1 - What size tank do they need?
#2 - What fish can they live with?
#3 - at what age do they need full marine?
#4 - What do they eat? (I am feeding snails right now but is there anything else?)
#5 - Will they eat plants or corals?
(if there is anything else you think i should know plz feel free to do so!)

~Thanks in advance!
 
He is currently quarantining

775B51C8-F89A-4111-AEA9-5690CE3AAF04.jpeg 05D6E09B-F9A9-4514-A277-656FFD657444.jpeg he is only a little over than a inch.
 
It says that they can live in 40 gallon.
when full salt they can live with clowns, damsels, and mollies. Is this true?
Also when should I start adjusting to salt and how quickly?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new