Leopard Wrasse Feeding

  • Thread starter Thread starter jwestwood
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jwestwood

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
17
Location
Wichita
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a leopard wrasse, what are you feeding? Mine only eats frozen.
 
Mine was a little picky at first - she wouldn't even eat much frozen. I offered Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast and she went crazy. Since then, she eats almost everything and anything I offer - flakes, frozen, pellets, freeze dried, ROE, pods, Oyster Feast, ArctiPods...

I think @JoJosReef had a similar experience with his with ROE (Reef Nutrition Real Oceanic Eggs).

Sometimes picky eaters have to be started on live, then moved to frozen, then transition to dry. Unfortunately some fish never make that last transition. If yours is at least eating frozen, that's a good sign she's at least eating. Try some of the liquid feeds - Reef Nutrition is just one of the brands and is readily available.
 
They are a carnivore, so offer them a variety of frozen meaty foods and they will do fine
 
Anyone have a leopard wrasse, what are you feeding? Mine only eats frozen.
How long have you had your leopard? I like to give a variety of foods, starting with the easiest, most palatable ones (ROE, no fish doesn't like an egg floating by). ROE is also good for fattening up new fish. My leopard eats everything now. Having yours eat SOMETHING is critical, but I'll bet if you mix it up a bit, that leopard will start eating more.
 
Mine didn't seem to want to eat anything for about a week. Eventually it started to take a bite or two of ROE, baby brine shrimps, and frozen mysis/calanus. Now it is eating everything including pellets.
 
Mine used to hide all the time, but now that it is out and about it eats pretty much whatever I put in there. TDS pellets, frozen, freeze dried mysis, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new