Leopard Wrasse in Hiding!!

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I put my leopard wrasse in the display tank on Wednesday. After swimming around for a few minutes he torpedoed into the sand and haven’t seen him since. I know these wrasse do this, but how long before do you think I see him again?! Lol. People have been telling me weeks but they can go without eating for that long?
Thanks

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat alot of copapods so don't worry about it if it isn't eating your fish food. I've had new fish disappear for a couple of months before they started coming out!

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasse is out from 8-10am which is when I feed, then some time around 12pm disappears until the next day! So frustrating
Yes my leopard wrasse finally showed his face a week ago and everyday since then has been on a routine where is out and swimming until around 3-5PM and then he will go back into the sand until the next morning. Very pretty and awesome fish though, just wish I saw him more often!!

shblink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they’re cool in how they have a set schedule routine when they go to sleep. Pretty fun to watch!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my leopard wrasse finally showed his face a week ago and everyday since then has been on a routine where is out and swimming until around 3-5PM and then he will go back into the sand until the next morning. Very pretty and awesome fish though, just wish I saw him more often!!

Leopards gradually adapt to your lighting schedule. I don't move mine out of the dedicated QT until they are close to 12:12.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.6%
Back