Leopard Wrasse

Klag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home from my local fish store with a leopard wrasse. She came in last week and had been out and about in their system, then ate today when we went it. She's in our tank and not hiding at all, is this normal? Just hanging out with all the other fish immediately. Note: this is the smallest one I have ever seen (not sure if that plays a role). Just curious what this means

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home from my local fish store with a leopard wrasse. She came in last week and had been out and about in their system, then ate today when we went it. She's in our tank and not hiding at all, is this normal? Just hanging out with all the other fish immediately. Note: this is the smallest one I have ever seen (not sure if that plays a role). Just curious what this means
I would view this as good news. Active, alert, and eating are the big ones for a new leopard wrasse, as they tend to be very poor shippers, but the healthy ones tend to thrive right away.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that it is eating in your tank. Mine needed garlic guard to get started. Very healthy now. Gorgeous fish. You are very lucky

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would view this as good news. Active, alert, and eating are the big ones for a new leopard wrasse, as they tend to be very poor shippers, but the healthy ones tend to thrive right away.
After owning every leopard in the genus over the years.....

+1

lmfbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My leopard wrasse did the same thing (it was a rehome from another reefer). In the tank, he burrowed under the sand because he went in with the lights off, then in the morning he was out and about as if he had lived there his whole life. Great fish!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah , in any case my leopard was out and about right away, then hid for a day and a half. Now ever since is active and eats like the proverbial horse
1711355349002.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back