Leptastrea coral care

HereFishyFishy3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any tips to keeping leptastrea coral? I have done research and watched several videos on their care, but I want to be sure that I’ll be able to care for it. My tank stays very constant with parameters, and I don’t have calcium or alkalinity swings since I don’t have very many hard corals. My nitrates stay around 5ppm. My biocube is a little over a year old with an ai prime 16. Thanks!

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any tips to keeping leptastrea coral? I have done research and watched several videos on their care, but I want to be sure that I’ll be able to care for it. My tank stays very constant with parameters, and I don’t have calcium or alkalinity swings since I don’t have very many hard corals. My nitrates stay around 5ppm. My biocube is a little over a year old with an ai prime 16. Thanks!
I’ve got 3 leptastrea growing together on a round rock. Mine don’t really need any special care that I’ve seen. I don’t even test calcium in my tank. And my nitrates run around 20ppm normally with no issues. They’re growing fairly fast and no matter what else sulks they just keep on chugging. I hve them at the sand bed level and I feed reef roids once a week. Seems to me to be one of the easier corals I own to care for

image.jpg

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I’m bad about remembering to test things so that’s a relief lol.
Mine are closed up in the pic because I shifted manually to blues since I just got coral in the mail. Normally they look like little carpets of color. Really an under-rAted coral I think. They’re pretty cool and grow fast. You can’t tell without my lenses on but the one on the right glows a bright green in the blues.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back