Leptastrea damage

  • Thread starter Thread starter Forty-Two
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Forty-Two

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
504
Reaction score
401
Location
Israel
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - a couple of months ago I got a nice 24k gold leptastrea from a local seller.

At first it started to grow nicely and encrust in the rock but in the last week it’s started to show damage in the top.

I’m not sure what is causing this. At first I thought it might be my hermit crab - but it seems to be growing and not shrinking. It’s between two rocks so the flow is not strong in this location.

Maybe the lights are too bright? Does anyone have experience with this?

37E32DEE-08B5-4796-B0BE-F928B2AA540C.jpeg
 
Maybe this is a better photo
 

Attachments

  • 909B082D-55E7-49B7-955E-54E88DC3B792.jpeg
    909B082D-55E7-49B7-955E-54E88DC3B792.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 56

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new