Leptastrea garden?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can multiple leptastrea be mounted on the same surface and live together? I’m thinking of buying another color if so.
 
Can multiple leptastrea be mounted on the same surface and live together? I’m thinking of buying another color if so.
I've put three small ones together, distance between each is 3x diameter since they are known to be aggressive. SO FAR after ~6 months mine are okay... I consider everything okay only in the moment... everything is always growing... even if I change nothing, there is still change...
 
I've put three small ones together, distance between each is 3x diameter since they are known to be aggressive. SO FAR after ~6 months mine are okay... I consider everything okay only in the moment... everything is always growing... even if I change nothing, there is still change...
I’ve never heard of them being agressive begore
 
I’ve never heard of them being agressive begore
I've never SEEN mine being aggressive. LFS told me. Perhaps its just mine. Checking my fish log, I think my aggressive one they called out is "AntiVenom" which also is a slow grower
 
I've never SEEN mine being aggressive. LFS told me. Perhaps its just mine. Checking my fish log, I think my aggressive one they called out is "AntiVenom" which also is a slow grower
What do you mean by agressive? Mine doesn’t have any tentacles to sting anything that I can see. I got another color called “acid eye” for 5$ on an auction and I want to grow it on the same rock as my fireworks one
 
What do you mean by agressive? Mine doesn’t have any tentacles to sting anything that I can see. I got another color called “acid eye” for 5$ on an auction and I want to grow it on the same rock as my fireworks one
putting out sweeper tentacles or chemical secretions or whatever each does. I've not caught my AntiVenom those doing it, but typically LATE night is when much of that is going on (and I'm sleeping). Here is a picture of my 3 sharing rock. The AntiVenom is lower left white dotted (tiny)

IMG_0292[1].JPG

Photo taken with white light turned up (dosing with Vibrant... ) IMG_0293[1].JPG

IMG_0292[1].JPG IMG_0293[1].JPG
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new