Leptastrea is a weed.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kongar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kongar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2020
Messages
317
Reaction score
484
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, this stuff is insane. I'm regretting putting it into my tank.
  1. It grows about as fast as my monti cap
  2. It covers everything - it grows way into the holes of live rock, expands into the shade, etc.
  3. It survived even when I covered it up with epoxy putty.
I covered up a huge patch of it with putty around my prized acros. The goal was to kill it off, and then when it grew over the putty, I could just snap that bit off and get an easy frag. Imagine my surprise to see it growing and thriving inbetween the putty and liverock. Now I'm scared.

I don't know how aggressive it is to other corals, but at this rate, I think I'm faced with either:
  1. Redoing the aquascape and removing that large chunk of liverock
  2. Letting the tank become a leptastrea showpiece.
Any other tricks of the trade to control this stuff that you all might know? It looks cool as all heck - but I'd be careful putting it on your main rock scape unless you're looking for a leptasrea dominated tank...

=\
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new