Lesion?

alicia24

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2023
Messages
243
Reaction score
126
Location
44240
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Sorry the picture/video quality is not great( they're in a bucket) I was transferring my fish from qt about to go into dt when I noticed my puffer has like a lesion near his tail. I'm assuming I nead to put all the fish back into qt? What else do I need to treat with? I already did copper, prazi, and kanaplex. Puffer seemed healthy other than swimming a little weird sometimes. Idk if this is a lesion from trauma from catching it.
20261003_182247.jpg

 
Hi,
Sorry the picture/video quality is not great( they're in a bucket) I was transferring my fish from qt about to go into dt when I noticed my puffer has like a lesion near his tail. I'm assuming I nead to put all the fish back into qt? What else do I need to treat with? I already did copper, prazi, and kanaplex. Puffer seemed healthy other than swimming a little weird sometimes. Idk if this is a lesion from trauma from catching it.
20261003_182247.jpg

This looks to be a physical injury and to prevent infection, I recommend immediate treatment using seachem Neoplex or kanaplex and assure it’s healing and not getting worse
 
Hi,
Sorry the picture/video quality is not great( they're in a bucket) I was transferring my fish from qt about to go into dt when I noticed my puffer has like a lesion near his tail. I'm assuming I nead to put all the fish back into qt? What else do I need to treat with? I already did copper, prazi, and kanaplex. Puffer seemed healthy other than swimming a little weird sometimes. Idk if this is a lesion from trauma from catching it.
20261003_182247.jpg


Are you sure it didn’t have this lesion before you captured it to move it? It doesn’t look like a fresh injury to me, but maybe?

It looks like it might be infected. I’d move it back to the QT and dose with kanamycin again, especially if your previous kanamycin treatment wasn’t for the full six days. You could also try neomycin, but be sure your WT doesn’t have copper in it, because it can react with copper.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new