Let’s start a thread! Odd reef relationships in your tank

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a white fang Blenny and 2 skunk clownfish. The Blenny and clownfish never leave each others side! They travel around the tank in a pack. Eat together, sleep together, stare at my hermit crabs, they do everything together!
Wanted to reach out and see what odd couples ( or trios) you all have in you’re tanks!

Last edited:

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6E88A721-B535-4585-8BB9-B7E2E239FC5E.jpeg

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!! Do you think they realize their different?
I actually have a bonded pair of the wheeler gobies. The tailspot blenny hangs with them quite frequently.

Now if we could all get along like that the world would be a better place!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Flame angel and Percula clown

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had 2 different genus of wrasses that were best friends and borderline bonded pair. One was a blue star leopard, the other was a hoeven's.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Clarkii Clowns have paired with my Coral Beauty and not with each other. They take turns cruising the tank with it separately. They were a pair living in a LTA when I bought them but apparently have an amicable divorce and share the same lover. They are the same size even though I’ve had them since December.

My valentini puffer likes to stick close to my foxface.

OP
OP
neltel_7

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Clarkii Clowns have paired with my Coral Beauty and not with each other. They take turns cruising the tank with it separately. They were a pair living in a LTA when I bought them but apparently have an amicable divorce and share the same lover. They are the same size even though I’ve had them since December.

That’s awesome

OP
OP
neltel_7

neltel_7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you like it better that way? Or would you rather the clowns get back to get her again lol

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you like it better that way? Or would you rather the clowns get back to get her again lol

Not sure. It’s ok right now, but I think it’s a potential problem. I’m not sure if they’re both still male or if they are both becoming female. They are both enormous and evenly matched so that chick-fight would really suck.

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clown likes the male clown and the largest Domino damsel. The male clown likes the female clowns and sort of the smaller two domino damsels. The large domino damsel despises everyone but the female clown. And the two smaller domino damsels don't care for anyone.
My fore hiddey hole crabs hide and pester the anemone crab. My pom pom crab hides most of the time. My decorator crab thinks he is boss. My arrow crab is cool in the background. My scarlet hermit stays out of everyone's way. My white flat clawed hermit thinks it is the boss and is in a constant quarrel with the larger hermit. Finally my largest hermit knows it is the boss it even stole the anemone right of the white flat clawed hermits back.

Bassmaster116

IDK what im doing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive got two black ocellaris that took in my lonely wyoming white ( lost the other wyoming white in the overflow shortly after i got them) and they do everything together been that way since march. Also my blue hippo, lemon peele angel, and Ora fire clown all sleep under the same rock and cruise together (all three are about the same size. i actually caught my blue hippo laying in some pallys with my fire clown one night... sort of cuddling lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back