Let’s talk flatworms and fish

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I have flatworms in my tank the red kind and they are producing I see them on my glass rather small but there starting to show…

I’ve read post about the flatworm exit..

I’ve read about siphoning with a filter at the end (which I may try)

The nudibranch…

The fish..

The question is I obviously want them gone and yes this was my fault 100% I know what I did so now I pay for it by fighting this little creatures.

I know they realize toxins when the die and if in mass numbers bad for tank I have a fairly smaller tank.. so not really an option.

My tank is already kinda maxed on fish should I just go nudi?

My current stock

YWG
Clown
Yellow&Purple wrasse
Citron goby
Banggai card

Tank size 33 long

Could I add the 6 line wrasse as my last fish or the tail spot wrasse? Or am I capped out?

IMG_7966.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have flatworms in my tank the red kind and they are producing I see them on my glass rather small but there starting to show…

I’ve read post about the flatworm exit..

I’ve read about siphoning with a filter at the end (which I may try)

The nudibranch…

The fish..

The question is I obviously want them gone and yes this was my fault 100% I know what I did so now I pay for it by fighting this little creatures.

I know they realize toxins when the die and if in mass numbers bad for tank I have a fairly smaller tank.. so not really an option.

My tank is already kinda maxed on fish should I just go nudi?

My current stock

YWG
Clown
Yellow&Purple wrasse
Citron goby
Banggai card

Tank size 33 long

Could I add the 6 line wrasse as my last fish or the tail spot wrasse? Or am I capped out?

IMG_7966.jpeg
Your Yellow & Purple Wrasse will do the job of a sixline.
Also, adding a Sixline will likely result in a fight between the two wrasses (With the six being your only wrasse left after).

You may be able to get another fish in but any wrasse that will do this job is going to grow out of your tank in the long term.

OP
OP
Stephen8169301

Stephen8169301

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Your Yellow & Purple Wrasse will do the job of a sixline.
Also, adding a Sixline will likely result in a fight between the two wrasses (With the six being your only wrasse left after).

You may be able to get another fish in but any wrasse that will do this job is going to grow out of your tank in the long term.
Yeah I figured that much with the wrasse… maybe I just didn’t give my current wrasse a chance and not sure if it’s too much of a battle for the wrasse alone so maybe with the siphon Method it will almost eliminate them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back