Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, that's what I thought just wanted to make sure. Y'all are quick![emoji3]
 
Hey could you guys help me out here the only guess I had was maybe temminckii...?

If so would it be compatable with another temminckii variant?

Screenshot_2016-07-29-13-42-19.png
 
Hey could you guys help me out here the only guess I had was maybe temminckii...?

If so would it be compatable with another temminckii variant?

Screenshot_2016-07-29-13-42-19.png
Yes, it's temminckii, and mixing with another would be ill-advised.
 
Haha oh okay.

Is this the temminckii cf cebu? This is the one I have.

IMG_20160729_145948.jpg
That's the Philippine variant, and the first picture from earlier likely is the same as well.

And personally, I don't buy into the cf. designation on the variants, but that is whole different discussion.
 
That's the Philippine variant, and the first picture from earlier likely is the same as well.

And personally, I don't buy into the cf. designation on the variants, but that is whole different discussion.

Okay thanks, would the one I have been compatible with a large solorensis?
 
Okay thanks, would the one I have been compatible with a large solorensis?
Probably. Both species can have a touch of aggression, but considering they are pretty equal in that regard it likely would have worked.
 
Those two C. temminckii do look very different - I'm guessing because of the degree of maturity / transitional phase?

~Bruce
That, plus the 1st one is exhibiting stress coloration.
 
Just picked up this guy. I remember reading an article that its some type of salfin hybrid. Any ideas?


 
I picked this guy up this past weekend it was labeled as a splendid pintail. Is that correct and what other smaller wrasse are compatible with him in a 65 gal tub?
20160729_152906_zpsmukn3y48.jpg
20160729_152850_zpskos1rjw1.jpg
 
I picked this guy up this past weekend it was labeled as a splendid pintail. Is that correct and what other smaller wrasse are compatible with him in a 65 gal tub?
20160729_152906_zpsmukn3y48.jpg
20160729_152850_zpskos1rjw1.jpg
Yes, and most other fairy, halichoeres, leopards, etc should mix well if not closely related
 
I picked this guy up this past weekend it was labeled as a splendid pintail. Is that correct and what other smaller wrasse are compatible with him in a 65 gal tub?
20160729_152906_zpsmukn3y48.jpg
20160729_152850_zpskos1rjw1.jpg
Yes, the id was right. Male C. isoscoles, splendid pintail fairy wrasse. Avoid lunatus, johnsoni, brunneus, and squirei, as well as scottotum, adornatus, and filamentosus. Most other wrasses will be fine.
Cirrhilabrus cf. pylei, from Cebu.
 
Just picked up this guy. I remember reading an article that its some type of salfin hybrid. Any ideas?


It's not a hybrid, but the TBD question is whether they are a unique species closely related to tonozukai or if they are a regional variant of tonozukai.
 
Went away for a week and my "pintail" fairy changed sex on me. Had him since macna last year in DC. Pretty sure it's not a pintail but what he is im not certain. Leaning lunatus?

eb91279e92ccb55258da610ab4d68a14.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new