Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Male pylei? Is it going to change its colour??

The second one I got as a male lunatus juvenile. I can see some elongated tale but no more than that. How much for me to see some colour?? Thank you!!!
 
The cf pylei looks a ton like my female. They should get a black bit on the tail and a nice margin along the black, and a bit more color. I love mine and she's a wonderful tankmate. The real jerk in that tank is a female rubripinnis. She's the smallest of the 4 wrasses in the tank and she bullies my Cebu lubbock more than the jerk Flasher. But I love them all....
 
Male pylei? Is it going to change its colour??

The second one I got as a male lunatus juvenile. I can see some elongated tale but no more than that. How much for me to see some colour?? Thank you!!!
Right (with the above post); the pylei is female right now, but will likely transition (as will the lunatus).
The answer to the "how long" question is simply "time". Maybe next week, maybe next year. Maybe the year after that. It's completely dependent on the environment of any given tank.
 
ab0c93ec8d7e53a40d3e896951b3134e.jpg
cc6a3ea714bc009c2646d7bd516f5ef7.jpg
?
 
I don't know yours. I am sure someone better at this than me will respond
Oh okay, thanks. Kinda bad cell phone pic and non stop swimming I'm sure doesn't help much on the ID either. .. sorry and ty
 
I have a 5 or 6 in Halichoeres poeyi anyone know their value in the hobby? I bought mine mislabeled as a green corris wrasse.
 
I have a 5 or 6 in Halichoeres poeyi anyone know their value in the hobby? I bought mine mislabeled as a green corris wrasse.
Inexpensive for a wrasse, usually between $20-$45 retail depending on size and color.
 
Looking for an id, thanks in advance!
461a4f48fd83032fe83325963b492603.jpg
a0be047386a9dfc93b2271a32b1d0db7.jpg
 
Yeah, H. melanurus, in a transitional phase.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new