Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine enjoyed weekly offerings of snails and crabs. He also bit the tail of a tang... he was mean.
Ah, so he was a Thalassoma... ;)
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461011125.887513.jpg

Just for ***** and giggles. Very easy wrasse to ID. HAVE AT IT
 
Blue head wrasse will get the proper science name for you i think G.varius got to get the spelling of the G lol

Gomphosus
 
Lol. Ding Ding Ding. Winner Winner chicken dinner.. I said it was too easy for a man of your knowledge.
 
I am just messing with you. Your input is much appreciated. This is my 1st Wrasse and I love it. He just cruises around the tank like he owns it. And I only added him 2 weeks ago . Thanks again
 
Blue head wrasse will get the proper science name for you i think G.varius got to get the spelling of the G lol

Gomphosus
Only partial credit for this. Yes it is a blue head wrasse, but it is Thalassoma bifasciatum, not Gomphosus varius.

The least Thalassoma-ish wrasse in the genus, but still feistier than the reef safe wrasses.
 
Only partial credit for this. Yes it is a blue head wrasse, but it is Thalassoma bifasciatum, not Gomphosus varius.

The least Thalassoma-ish wrasse in the genus, but still feistier than the reef safe wrasses.

You are totally correct BIG E your student is still learning [emoji41]
 
I'm back with better pics :)
0419161027e.jpg
Mmm, still not good enough :p
But I'd argue beauperryi is the stronger possibility now. It's still either that or a temminckii variant.
 
Still too blue and too distant, but I'm with Hunter and leaning toward beauperryi., but definitely in the complex.
 
Now is this the final coloration or will it be more like the pic (not as vibrant) that @Greenstreet.1 posted on page 92 yesterday? I hate being tempted like this.

Never seen an ugly male flame! :D Mine in QT.

Flame%20lympho1_zpssfhcmzfk.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new