Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old but never definitively figured this one out.
Not a common one in the hobby.

IMG_8908.PNG
Xenojulis margaritaceus
 
Hey Hunter! How is life? I'm happy to see an old friend.
I'll catch up with you on fb
 
IMG_3031.JPG
IMG_3037.PNG


Which one out of these guys do you think it is?
It is a female transitioning to a male, which can make the exact id difficult, but to me it looks most likely to be the Indo-Phillippines variant. Once it fully transitions a more positive id can be made.
 
Got this the other day mainly because it is so bright red you can see it across the room. It's only may even 2". Anyone know what kind it might be. Thanks.

1483113805002.jpg


1483113818559.jpg


1483113826673.jpg
 
Got this the other day mainly because it is so bright red you can see it across the room. It's only may even 2". Anyone know what kind it might be. Thanks.

1483113805002.jpg


1483113818559.jpg


1483113826673.jpg
Female in the rubriventralis complex, likely C. rubeus.
 
Thanks, was a freebie from the LFS as they could not ID the female. I then got this as Brunneus and within 10 minutes the fish above added the black and blue, was pretty cool to watch. Does that make this Lunatus or also brunneus?
IMG_2773.JPG
IMG_2777.JPG


IMG_2764.JPG
 
I found this on BlueZoo. IS there a name or is it "pending"? https://bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=2001&cid=290
It is either a regional variant of C. bathyphilus, or a species yet to be described that is a very close relative.
Blue Zoo, for whatever reason, started labeling C. nahackyi like that.
Thanks, was a freebie from the LFS as they could not ID the female. I then got this as Brunneus and within 10 minutes the fish above added the black and blue, was pretty cool to watch. Does that make this Lunatus or also brunneus?
IMG_2773.JPG
IMG_2777.JPG


IMG_2764.JPG
The fish pictured here is brunneus.
 
Cool looking wrasse
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new