Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6740.JPG


:D
 
Nice.
P. hemitaeniatus.
I had the first one from this wave collection wave that made it alive to the states about 6 months ago now. Unfortunately one of the other fish in the box the vendor sent me had velvet too, and I didn't have that specimen for long. :(
 
Nice.
P. hemitaeniatus.
I had the first one from this wave collection wave that made it alive to the states about 6 months ago now. Unfortunately one of the other fish in the box the vendor sent me had velvet too, and I didn't have that specimen for long. :(

That's a bummer evolved!
You are the wrasse messiah, such a shame that you got a diseased specimen that didn't make it...
:(
Fingers crossed for you to have another opportunity to land this beauty as a healthy specimen!
 
Thanks for the help. Is this wrasse fairly rare i can't seem to find much info on them.
It's not frequently available. It will come in sporadically from Kenyan shipments.
 
I'm trying to learn more about Fairys so I want to follow along
 
Can you please id this Leopard/Tamrin wrasse. It looks like a leopard to me but lfs said its a tamrin.
20170924_124624 by joe bonomo, on Flickr
20170924_124243 by joe bonomo, on Flickr

Nice find Joe...AV? It's not seen in our area that frequently so it can be mistakenly IDed as a blue dot Tamarin. Very simular in care and disposition when small, but the Tamarin will get much larger( wild to 16") and most of the CUC is on the menu. My Blue dot is about 4 years old and 6-7" and growing....LOL
 
Nice find Joe...AV? It's not seen in our area that frequently so it can be mistakenly IDed as a blue dot Tamarin. Very simular in care and disposition when small, but the Tamarin will get much larger( wild to 16") and most of the CUC is on the menu. My Blue dot is about 4 years old and 6-7" and growing....LOL

Thanks mike got him at Advanced Marine. They have a handful left. Just started eating yesterday.
 
This is not mine. It's someone's in my group but I love it and she doesn't know the name. Can you I'd pretty please
IMG_1887.jpg
 
This is not mine. It's someone's in my group but I love it and she doesn't know the name. Can you I'd pretty please
IMG_1887.jpg
Paracheilinus cyaneus.
 
Thanks mike got him at Advanced Marine. They have a handful left. Just started eating yesterday.
AMA has been getting in some rare beautiful wrasses. I saw them and all were eating. Did you see they even have a few P. hemitaeniatus....they were eating as well.
 
AMA has been getting in some rare beautiful wrasses. I saw them and all were eating. Did you see they even have a few P. hemitaeniatus....they were eating as well.
Yup those were nice to just way out of my price range.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new