Let Me ID Your Wrasse!

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolved
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1464.jpg
IMG_1463.jpg


Is this a female Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis?
Almost looks male.
 
Drat. I emailed the seller. Photo on the website was definitely of a rubrisquamis. I'm guessing what was sent was an honest mistake.

Red_Velvet_Fairy_Wrasse_8444_1400x.jpg
 
So, I indeed have a rubripinnis. Seller was very apologetic and immediately agreed to send me the rubrisquamis. Keep the rubripinnis he said.

Here's my problem:

I understand rubrisquamis are generally quite aggressive, and keeping a rubrisquamis in the same tank as a rubripinnis is probably not advised.

Can the experts confirm I need to rehome the rubripinnis? Should I even bother attempting to keep the two together?

@evolved, @eatbreakfast, @HairyGary?
 
What size tank? Other wrasses? It should be fine as long as you introduce with an acclimation box.
 
BEE1E477-9D71-4028-BD28-E85B59D40E6E.png
My lfs has had this guy or gal for a while now. It catches my eye every week on their emails but I don’t know what it is.
 
BEE1E477-9D71-4028-BD28-E85B59D40E6E.png
My lfs has had this guy or gal for a while now. It catches my eye every week on their emails but I don’t know what it is.
Either Paracheilinus mccoskeri or flavianalis. Would need to see the anal fin.
 
Hello! I’m starting to add wrasses to my 300, mainly from liveaquaria. This guy was added to my display a few weeks ago. Anything major I should know about him? From my reading, wrasses seem pretty hardy compared to tangs and the like. I have a ridiculous amount of large pods in here, and feed mysis daily. I should be good?

qOFoRmm.jpg
 
Doesn't this tail shape seem wrong for a c. isoceles? Being advertised as such. Or is that a female that hasn't transitioned yet?
50103860_10155794119086856_7542174867714473984_n.jpg
 
Doesn't this tail shape seem wrong for a c. isoceles? Being advertised as such. Or is that a female that hasn't transitioned yet?
50103860_10155794119086856_7542174867714473984_n.jpg
It just hasn't quite developed yet. But isosceles is correct; still maturing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kyl
Thanks. Just trying to keep the local FB groups on point. Wasn't aware the juveniles don't have the diamond tail yet. Thanks again, you're the best!
 
Sorry pretty bad photos but he’s impossible to take a photo of for the most part. Love to know what he is and gender if possible.

C4FA253C-80BD-41AC-B77C-5F2BB439D1F6.png


EB48201C-E759-4F94-8ECF-CFE38D0D897B.png


35328C2C-E9F6-4084-BAF8-70B6E77395BC.png


532781D6-8E54-463C-A67F-CAD0298460B2.png
 
Sorry pretty bad photos but he’s impossible to take a photo of for the most part. Love to know what he is and gender if possible.

C4FA253C-80BD-41AC-B77C-5F2BB439D1F6.png


EB48201C-E759-4F94-8ECF-CFE38D0D897B.png


35328C2C-E9F6-4084-BAF8-70B6E77395BC.png


532781D6-8E54-463C-A67F-CAD0298460B2.png
Macropharyngodon moyeri, male.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new