Lets Build A Frag Tank

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
185
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Myers, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright fellow reefers, I just acquired a 2x4x7" (35 Gallon) acrylic frag tank. I have hundreds of ideas on what equipment to get and how to do the setup so i thought, lets see what you all think would make an ideal frag tank. I know a lot of different people have had success with different methods. I will be growing LPS (mainly chalices & acans) as well as zs and ps. Basically if you were to do a build with the same tank, what equipment would you use? My goal is to get as much input as possible and build the frag tank.

For this tank I really wanted to step out of the box and make it a "GROUP" build, can't wait to hear some suggestions and hopefully with your ideas I can make this bad boy come to life!

Frag Tank.jpg


Here she is, our blank canvas!
 
Is this going to be plumbed into your existing system?
 
Be sure to mention your budget or you will get some pretty unrealistic suggestions:) GL with it!
 
Very good point. I'd say $1k now and down the road I can always add. Wish I knew I was getting this tank before I got my SC Dynamite chalice, lol hurt the pockets a little bit


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new