Lets SEA your CLAMS

  • Thread starter Thread starter haanstang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

What do you keep with your clams


  • Total voters
    62
Thank you.

Yes, I designed my current system around her.

This was my second attempt at keeping a Gigas. My first attempt back in '03 was with a small one from a lfs, and had it for about a month before it died. Then I got my current one in '08 from another hobbyist who had a very healthy specimen. It will be in my care for 10 years this February.
 
Here is a cell phone pic of the system. The left tank is only SPS, and the right tank is LPS/softies. Both tanks feed the center tank which houses the clam and larger colonies that have out grown the side tanks.
IMG_20170814_181216130_TOP.jpg
 
Wow! I just love them. So beautiful. I know zip about clams. Please tell me about them.

These are red sea Maxima Clams, they need strong light and calcium dosing to live and grow in aquariums
 
Here is a cell phone pic of the system. The left tank is only SPS, and the right tank is LPS/softies. Both tanks feed the center tank which houses the clam and larger colonies that have out grown the side tanks.
IMG_20170814_181216130_TOP.jpg

WOW!!! He is huge! Your systems look wonderful. Kudos for giving him a wonderful home and great care for 10 years! Wish you many, many, many more!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new