Lets see those CLAM photos! Clams that you have, had, or even photographed.

Wazzel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are mine, two maxima and a dersa.

IMG_1355-L.jpg

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just try to contribute to the clam thread :p
Tridacna Hippopus
tridacna hippopus.jpg

Maxima (this one really sensitive to light so at this time (1800) in my house it won't wide open but I took picture anyway!)
Maxima.jpg

I tried to place it at perfect orientation but keep went back to this position because of their shell open/close mechanic, so I just let it be. :p

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they do and that is actually a healthy response from your clam.

I heard that it’s healthyjust worried that it won’t get enough light if always closing constantly! I’m being an overly protective parent! ;Bookworm

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard that it’s healthyjust worried that it won’t get enough light if always closing constantly! I’m being an overly protective parent! ;Bookworm
hahaha I was worried the same thing when I first got my Maxima, its constant responses to my shadow while I'm in my room but mostly on weekend, during weekdays it will have a whole room to itself until I'm home but at that time its most likely already done with photosynthesis for the day.

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha I was worried the same thing when I first got my Maxima, its constant responses to my shadow while I'm in my room but mostly on weekend, during weekdays it will have a whole room to itself until I'm home but at that time its most likely already done with photosynthesis for the day.

They are so responsive it’s crazy?! Idk how it knows when I’m in the room...I can be next to the tank and not even cast a shadow by it and it will close?! How why?! Tell me!!!

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so responsive it’s crazy?! Idk how it knows when I’m in the room...I can be next to the tank and not even cast a shadow by it and it will close?! How why?! Tell me!!!
Do you have a window on other side of the tank?
It can feel the light change/different when you walk between your tank and the window. If I close my window shade then the light in my tank is brighter then it won't see the light different unless I came real close to the tank and my shadow reflection will make it close but will open up almost right a way if I stand still.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back