OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me. I told the misses I’m going to start a nem tank and she was onboard.
I have mainly sps and the nem has already burned two of them. Need to get them out before it gets crazy.
Sounds like you need a nem cannon.

MECOMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, this thread is AWESOME! I want to play...

Rainbow in the moonlight!
053A88B3-CAF0-4DD4-9C3C-682FE47EB7B9_1_105_c.jpeg

B-Kind

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What’s a nem cannon?

lubeck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect thanks. I remember reading this a while back. Didn’t know the name though.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a baby, it got stuck in nero 3 guard 2 months ago, and had to ripp it out. the point is a coral pointer 1/4" diameter.

TBH, i am not sure if i should give up on it or not.

20220811_140422.jpg
That thing is Tiny, but no reason to give up on it. If it was going to get an infection from the wave maker, it already would have.

It'll take some time to recover Fully, but looks well on its way.

mcgallagherc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's obviously hand in hand. Po4 is the common trend here. I will have my tank guy come over soon, I'll actually see him tomorrow when he does maintenance on tank at work and get what I need to dose for po4. I just started dosing for calcium about a month ago, man there is so much to learn but I love it. Only 5

Ahh, if newly added to tank then the stress of the move more than likely caused the split. That is a common occurrence.

as for po4, have an lfs test just as a double check and if still 0, you can dose some po4 via trisodium phosphate or something like neophos. You could also add a little reef roids to your food, as they are higher in po4.

Off nems, I just saw your torch thread. Po4 may be an issue there. Torches like a little po4 and when mine gets low, torches (hammers/frogs) retract a little and do not “string” out.

Just be sure that whatever you do, do one thing at a time and wait a week or 2 to see results. Do not do a ton of things at once.
Was advised today to unplug skimmer for up to a week and check. If that doesn't help then we will talk about dosing

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was advised today to unplug skimmer for up to a week and check. If that doesn't help then we will talk about dosing
I would say leave skimmer running, but remove the cup or adjust it down to where it doesnt collect. Skimmer also helps aerate the tank.

Back