Let's see your bestest and ugliest ghetto mods or builds!

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course it's fun to see all of the super clean laser cut and color coded acrylic/glass/pvc builds and systems. But myself I also love to see the pure barebone no aesthetics pure function el cheapo diy builds and mods. :) They are often a ton more inspiring than the super clean builds from a pro custom workshop.

So have you done any cool builds where you just had to wing it and improvise with what you had lying around and it then turned out great? Show us! Even if it failed catastrophically, we promise we won't laugh! ;)

195g2a.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree this is nice!

Thank you guys. Really wasn't intended to be ghetto. Sometimes you need to think outside the box, and that's what I did. Works.

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diy led pendant and light stand.
That's emt conduit and a stainless mixing utensil container turned pendant.

Next up is my Diy controller.
This is a gutted audio receiver. It holds my diy ato, diy metal halide ballast, 2 led drivers for actinics and my diy ats, my diy temp controller, switch for ato, switch for a diy moon light, and timers for the lights. It was a nightmare to wire but it uses one plug, all the sensor and feed wires have plugs so it is completely removable. Just don't show this to my home owners insurance company. It is not ul listed.....
46b0bea06fca0ed2e6c8c75ae12eea70.jpg
d26672cce3b701a2aba42b37ceac26d1.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back