Lets see your spongodes

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2018
Messages
2,238
Reaction score
2,147
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently started dabbling into SPS. I have fallen in love with this coral. Love the growth pattern and it's a super fast grower in my lps dominant tank

20190321_215236.jpg 20191214_174336.jpg
 
Bro that's sick!
Love the growth pattern so unique with the encrusting/branching
Thank you! That coral was in multiple tanks for 12 plus years. Started as a little frag. I used to literally break chunks off and give them away, it would grow back so quickly.
 
Probably my favorite monti growth form but man it grows so quick! Would love to see more large colonies!
 
Mine were normally green, but now they have all their brown polyps out for months. Could this be due to my intense lighting?
 
Mine were normally green, but now they have all their brown polyps out for months. Could this be due to my intense lighting?
Could very well be, the polyps should have a nice red color. The colony I had was always close to the top under the halide though.
 
Could very well be, the polyps should have a nice red color. The colony I had was always close to the top under the halide though.

I have a feeling he’s trying to shield himself form the light. I have a black mangrove that will tilt its leaves to avoid direct hot sun. It will point them up rather than leave them horizontal. Lol. He’s smart.
 
Mine is small but growing fast. About the diameter of a baseball. Its bigger now but lights just went off.
Mine has large polyps too and always has.
20191019_160304.jpg
 
Thank you! That coral was in multiple tanks for 12 plus years. Started as a little frag. I used to literally break chunks off and give them away, it would grow back so quickly.
WOW!!! Thanks for sharing, 12+ years, amazing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new