lets see your SPS cube reef tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter acropora4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,731
Reaction score
1,200
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just am starting a new cube tank, it is a 24" x 24" x 12" deep blue , I am using caribsea life rock arches ( 20 lbs ) ( will be here this week ) and some live sand, for flow I am using octopulse 2 return pump and 1 x ecotech marine MP10. lighting I am using 1 x reefbrite 150w metal halide LED hybrid combo fixture.. I am using tropic marine pro reef salt. I am using a reef octo 110 protein skimmer.. want this to be 100% sps reef, no fish! lets see yours for my inspiration.
 
Here it is now waiting on the rock
image.jpg
will move tank to square up with light
 
Lots of non SPS up front but mostly SPS by count. Still under a year and struggling with dinos killing stuff off but getting somewhere stable. Same dimensions as you’re building. Looking forward to following along
5F50A16B-B7FC-41BA-9425-F78E0BF06DC9.jpeg
8A145C9E-2980-4205-AAE8-D0B76AFA0428.jpeg
ugly UV pump for Dinos visible here
7FE5E7BA-0E80-4391-8225-F45E5D737A12.jpeg
CC79CFA9-48F1-42D2-B6F4-9D591EED9121.jpeg
 
I just am starting a new cube tank, it is a 24" x 24" x 12" deep blue , I am using caribsea life rock arches ( 20 lbs ) ( will be here this week ) and some live sand, for flow I am using octopulse 2 return pump and 1 x ecotech marine MP10. lighting I am using 1 x reefbrite 150w metal halide LED hybrid combo fixture.. I am using tropic marine pro reef salt. I am using a reef octo 110 protein skimmer.. want this to be 100% sps reef, no fish! lets see yours for my inspiration.
nice, good luck on your journey!

100% SPS reef with no fish make for a bad combo, IMO. Are you planning to dose everything you need, feeding something like reefroids, instead of relying on fish to provide the stuff your corals need?
@ycnibrc just in time for your post... hahaha
 
Yep, using reef roids and dosing 2 part with my apex.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 30.4%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 17.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new