Let's void some warranties!

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought that has been rolling around in my head for quite a while, but hasn't reached critical mass: I have a Nero-5 powerhead and love it, but would love it more if I could take it from the tank to sink for cleaning. Has anyone ever modified one by cutting the cord about 2 feet or so from the powerhead and coupling it back together with something like these IP67 rated field terminable pico connectors?

1569012476150.png

I haven't done this yet and it isn't a high priority yet but it will be in a few months when I have some spare time. If no-one has yet I intend to as soon as time and funds allow(my wife recently found Dave Ramsey and has been watching my expenses like a hawk!) But if you have, how many wires are in the cable? How did it turn out? Would you recommend/do it again?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you need to do that? The unit unplugs at the controller. I'm not seeing the advantage of doing what you want. Help me understand.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of things can be spliced if done correctly but as dub said

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always thought it was silly that Vortechs don’t have a connection.... the pump is connected to the driver. Though I guess the dry side doesn’t need to be disconnected. But it makes an unpleasant install experience when using grommets (you have to unscrew the driver and disconnect the pump).

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you need to do that? The unit unplugs at the controller. I'm not seeing the advantage of doing what you want. Help me understand.
As @Silver14SS said once you get eveything dressed in nicely its kinda sad to have to tear it out all the way back to the controller and fish it all back out again to get it somewhere easier to scrub down.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @Silver14SS said once you get eveything dressed in nicely its kinda sad to have to tear it out all the way back to the controller and fish it all back out again to get it somewhere easier to scrub down.
I understand now. Thanks.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back