Levamisole soluble drench powder

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if any of yall are interested in this, many of you probably haven't heard about it, but this is supposed to treat aquariums for ich. I don't condone using it in reef tanks, but after researching, I'm going to try this Wednesday in my 75 gallon tank because my tomini tang has ich.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of what I've seen on Levamisole involves its use in fresh water. Keep in mind that the _true_ "ich" is Ichthyopthirius multifilis, which is a freshwater microorganism. Marine "ich" is Cryptocaryon irritans, a completely different critter which just happens to have a similar lifecycle and look the same on the fish.

Good luck, should you decide to press on - and let us know how it goes!

~Bruce

garra671

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if any of yall are interested in this, many of you probably haven't heard about it, but this is supposed to treat aquariums for ich. I don't condone using it in reef tanks, but after researching, I'm going to try this Wednesday in my 75 gallon tank because my tomini tang has ich.

Hey I’m highly interested in how this is going. Please update ☺️

OP
OP
carlson

carlson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I actually didn't need to use the product. The ich went away slowly on its own, and I haven't seen a spot of it on my tang in a while!

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of what I've seen on Levamisole involves its use in fresh water. Keep in mind that the _true_ "ich" is Ichthyopthirius multifilis, which is a freshwater microorganism. Marine "ich" is Cryptocaryon irritans, a completely different critter which just happens to have a similar lifecycle and look the same on the fish.

Good luck, should you decide to press on - and let us know how it goes!

~Bruce

Levamisole will kill anything with ergosterol in it http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jam.12891/abstract

Back