Level plywood under aquarium

skippylou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Waterbox Cube 10 that is going to sit on a breakfast bar where it is slightly pitched forward level-wise. I can't level the actual breakfast bar but I have a piece of 3/4" plywood the cube was sitting on elsewhere and am thinking I could shim the plywood to level the cube that way.

Is this a bad idea for any pressure points, etc. or is leveling some plywood a tank sits on considered an acceptable solution?

Thanks!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Waterbox Cube 10 that is going to sit on a breakfast bar where it is slightly pitched forward level-wise. I can't level the actual breakfast bar but I have a piece of 3/4" plywood the cube was sitting on elsewhere and am thinking I could shim the plywood to level the cube that way.

Is this a bad idea for any pressure points, etc. or is leveling some plywood a tank sits on considered an acceptable solution?

Thanks!
Hello, not large amount of water, so would think leveling plywood okay.

One tip is not just a single shim, but shim entire length so there isn't a pressure point on plywood. Given its small tank, may not matter like larger heavier tank, stand and canopy, but my recommendation is shim entire length

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back