Level plywood under aquarium

skippylou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Waterbox Cube 10 that is going to sit on a breakfast bar where it is slightly pitched forward level-wise. I can't level the actual breakfast bar but I have a piece of 3/4" plywood the cube was sitting on elsewhere and am thinking I could shim the plywood to level the cube that way.

Is this a bad idea for any pressure points, etc. or is leveling some plywood a tank sits on considered an acceptable solution?

Thanks!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a Waterbox Cube 10 that is going to sit on a breakfast bar where it is slightly pitched forward level-wise. I can't level the actual breakfast bar but I have a piece of 3/4" plywood the cube was sitting on elsewhere and am thinking I could shim the plywood to level the cube that way.

Is this a bad idea for any pressure points, etc. or is leveling some plywood a tank sits on considered an acceptable solution?

Thanks!
Hello, not large amount of water, so would think leveling plywood okay.

One tip is not just a single shim, but shim entire length so there isn't a pressure point on plywood. Given its small tank, may not matter like larger heavier tank, stand and canopy, but my recommendation is shim entire length

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back