Levitating Hairy Pincushion Urchin

  • Thread starter Thread starter tmRoth
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tmRoth

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2023
Messages
64
Reaction score
45
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sharing a photo of my "levitating" hairy pincushion urchin, and wondering if anyone has an urchin that does this? I had a tuxedo urchin for years and never saw him in any position other than his bottom side against the rock or glass. I got this one just under a month ago, and he has been entertaining me with his (her?) acrobatics by sticking his side, instead of his bottom, onto the glass and just hanging there. He's also very adept at straddling across wide gaps to move from rock to glass and back. I never thought a sea urchin could be so entertaining.

20230202_123438.jpg
 
i currently have one that flips over so his mouth is in the air for periods of time. Urchins are very weird creatures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new