• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

LF Avast Marine Kalkstirrer STL File

Item Price
5
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available
That would be interesting to see as the current one does almost nothing and have taken my unit offline . Would the stock motor be fast and strong enough?
 
That would be interesting to see as the current one does almost nothing and have taken my unit offline . Would the stock motor be fast and strong enough?
I’ll probably just design one but figured I’d ask before I start tinkering lol. I’ll keep you posted for sure. Yes the motor can be replaced and I’ve read that a 45rpm motor seems to be the best, but need more disturbance from the shaft it’s self to actually get some results and get the entire chamber milky.
 
I’ll probably just design one but figured I’d ask before I start tinkering lol. I’ll keep you posted for sure. Yes the motor can be replaced and I’ve read that a 45rpm motor seems to be the best, but need more disturbance from the shaft it’s self to actually get some results and get the entire chamber milky.
You actually don't want the entire chamber murky. only the bottom. If you remix kalkwasser too much it looses potency for your corals.
You also don't want to 'puck' the kalk in the bottom of the container by not mixing it enough.
mixing along the entire shaft is no recommended provided the source water is feed in at the bottom.
 
kalkWasserStirrer.gif
 
I use 6" PVC translucent tubing because I've found having a wide mixing chamber allows the top to remain relatively undisturbed while still mixing the bottom. The fully saturated kalkwasser at the top eventually overflows into the sump as new RODI water is dosed from the bottom and is mixed. The mixing schedule is carefully tuned for 2 cups of Kalkwasser powder at a time so you could conceivably go months without having to think about it.
 
I’ll probably just design one but figured I’d ask before I start tinkering lol. I’ll keep you posted for sure. Yes the motor can be replaced and I’ve read that a 45rpm motor seems to be the best, but need more disturbance from the shaft it’s self to actually get some results and get the entire chamber milky.
Hello 👋, did you get to design the prop for the K1? Looking to improve mixing, TIA
 
So I am the odd one out here...why not just nix the mixing stirrer bar and instead add a magnetic pill.

Buy a small circle glass plate off Etsy or somewhere and put a magnetic pill stirrer under it. Then you can control the mix as much as you want with the pill speed. Amazingly enough the cheap chinese food containers you can get off Amazon fit the K1 exactly to seal the unit and then you can just add a Guest fitting bulkhead and bam...all the kalk mix you want. I dose mine in a slurry and have for years.

Don't skip the glass plate. the pill will chew through the acrylic. it will also chew through the pill coating if not careful. I shoved my pill into a piece of tubing so it cant be chewed up anymore.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new