LFS has a bicolor angel that has not eaten in about a month

Chris86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I want to save it! He said he would give it to me. He has only tried feeding dry food. Do you think he would recover if offered some rods?

He got another bicolor in the same shipment that is eating great.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe, maybe not. Be prepared to offer anything. Oysters or clams on the half shell, blackworms, sponge that grew on live rock, even see if the store has a damaged fleshy brain coral that he will give you or sell cheap.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and I want to save it! He said he would give it to me. He has only tried feeding dry food. Do you think he would recover if offered some rods?

Very possible, or a prepared frozen food. I have a potters (Same genus) that eats when she wants to. Goes several days at times without eating.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You could also try reef frenzy as it is supposed to help encourage even finicky eaters to eat. I agree though that frozen foods would be your best bet. As to recovering? Who knows. Bicolor Angels are probably the most delicate of the Pygmy/Dwarf Angel variety (at least of those regularly available in the Aquarium trade).

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes with angels that refuse to eat, some live rock with encrusted sponge and algae will get them started. Keep in mind that they are grazers in the wild. My potters would take no prepared foods for almost a year, but it was an obsessive grazer. Also, if the fish is 'pinched' behind the head, that is usually unrecoverable.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back