LFS in San Francisco?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I’m going to San Francisco for spring break next week! Planning to hit up some LFS while I’m there, are there any places I have to check out?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like planted freshwater tanks check out Albany Aquarium, and Aqua Forest Aquarium. Not sure about the local saltwater scene. Aquatic Connection might be a good one for saltwater.

Last edited:

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing in SF anymore that I’m aware of. Just over the bridge in Hayward is Aquatic Collection and down in San Jose is Neptune’s. Those are probably your best choices.

2nd Neptune's in San Jose. I have a couple buddies who swear by that store.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww okay :( thanks y’all! So many people in the Bay Area sell things here so I was hoping for some nice LFS

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww okay :( thanks y’all! So many people in the Bay Area sell things here so I was hoping for some nice LFS
Like others have stated, Aquatic Collection in Hayward is my go to. There is also Bay Bridge Aquarium in Oakland. They just moved locations, so not everything is set up.

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hop on BART and go check out Diablo Corals in Concord. About an hour from The City and we'll worth the travel time. All About Fish is also in Concord 15min away. I've heard Neptune aquatics is sweet too but I've never been there.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the California Academy of Sciences is reopening to the public on March 17th. Hopefully you’ll be around for that. It’s just a hop, skip and a jump away from 6th ave aquarium and flower shop. It’s quite possibly the worst fish store ever, but there’s some good dim sum, bahn mi, and pizza slices in the area.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions yall! I’ll try to check out as many as I can, we’ll only be driving over for the day from Tahoe for a ski trip. I’m very excited to check everything out, especially that good dim sum place!

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky ocean on balboa street.
San Francisco.
I was born and raised in Santa Cruz and bought everything there.
I live in Idaho now and have NO idea if it's the same but years ago it was the best I've ever seen.
Google my friend and see if they're still open.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky ocean on balboa street.
San Francisco.
I was born and raised in Santa Cruz and bought everything there.
I live in Idaho now and have NO idea if it's the same but years ago it was the best I've ever seen.
Google my friend and see if they're still open.
Looks like they’re still open! 5 star reviews too, I’ll definitely try to get to this one! FB7D5967-3F16-450C-94AE-2EC9FC9BC3B7.png

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic Collection in Hayward. Nice collections, clean facility, friendly people, some items are pricey but mostly affordable.
Neptune in San Jose. Nice and clean, a bit expensive than others. Haven’t been there for a couple of years.
All About Fish in Concord is alright.
California Reef Company in Fremont.
There are other small LFS around, you can google or look at Yelp.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions yall! I’ll try to check out as many as I can, we’ll only be driving over for the day from Tahoe for a ski trip. I’m very excited to check everything out, especially that good dim sum place!
Tahoe! One of the top spots on the planet! Have fun. I’m the guy in the dirty red jeep rocking out so dang hard.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back