LFS may have made a big price mistake.

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Picked up this Blue Acro this morning at my LFS. Im thinking the sales associate made a big price mistake. It also had this tag attached to the coral that im not familiar with or have ever seen attached to a coral colony before. If any one has any info about these tags and give an estimate on how much a colony like this goes for on the market, could you share your information. Im thinking this Acro may be aqua cultured and is worth some bucks. It's about 5 inches tall and has about 5 main stems.

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the wild bali colonies come with those tags so you know what they are. What did you pay for it? I doubt the LFS made a mistake...talking to a buddy that owns a reef shop, he says it looks like a Walt smith Fiji grown coral. The tag usually has the date they harvested it...

Last edited:

Charterreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Picked up this Blue Acro this morning at my LFS. Im thinking the sales associate made a big price mistake. It also had this tag attached to the coral that im not familiar with or have ever seen attached to a coral colony before. If any one has any info about these tags and give an estimate on how much a colony like this goes for on the market, could you share your information. Im thinking this Acro may be aqua cultured and is worth some bucks. It's about 5 inches tall and has about 5 main stems.
Looks like a blue bottle brush. I'm pretty sure ORA's are maricultured. Look that up for a price.

OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for a ball park price on the open market for a Blue Ice Acro Colony like this. I know in my area, SPS Corals are getting harder and harder to find and all the LFS's are cleaned out of them. Prices are through the roof. Im thinking because of all the Coral Reefs being bleached out and putting harsh restrictions on what divers are aloud to take.

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look up cites tags.. saw a reference to one of these on a very old thread (2010) on nano-reef.com. might provide some insight. looks like a farm tag. Tree farms have something similar

OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid right around $75.00 for it. Thought it was a good price for a Blue Ice Acro Colony of this size.

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for a ball park price on the open market for a Blue Ice Acro Colony like this. I know in my area, SPS Corals are getting harder and harder to find and all the LFS's are cleaned out of them. Prices are through the roof. Im thinking because of all the Coral Reefs being bleached out and putting harsh restrictions on what divers are aloud to take.
LFS prices are always higher, get them much cheaper from fellow reefers! Depending on where in PA you are, theres a big swap here later this month with many many sps and others to be had :)

OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look up cites tags.. saw a reference to one of these on a very old thread (2010) on nano-reef.com. might provide some insight. looks like a farm tag. Tree farms have something similar
Ok. Had a little time to research the tag. One forum say's these are not CITES Tags. It's a Farm Tag that shows the item number on a pull sheet from the stocklist. When transhippers put in a order for a coral, the farm gives this number to it's employee's/ divers so they can find and ship the correct coral colony. That's the info that im finding on the internet,but I could be totally wrong. I still would like to find out more info about these specific tags.

Last edited:

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im flying to California to buy SPS Coral Colony's from now on. You cant touch a Blue SPS Colony like this for under a hundred bucks in PA.
Yea..were spoiled rotten here. But also look at aquasd sales...you can have them shipped.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im flying to California to buy SPS Coral Colony's from now on. You cant touch a Blue SPS Colony like this for under a hundred bucks in PA.
Yeah, we are spoiled in CA. Very nice coral for sure!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back