Lfs prices

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the lfs yesterday and just looking and noticed some of the prices on the fish. 45 for a fake clownfish. 150 for a valentine puffer wut just outrageous prices. Chocolate tang 180. Wut are everyones thought on the price increases of the hobby?

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends, there's boutique everything in the US, some shops put more money into aquaculture, acquisition, quarantine, customer service, marketing, service accounts. You can still find 5 dollar corals in a Petco parking lot

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What is a "fake clownfish"?

HTB1N28zKrSYBuNjSspfq6AZCpXar.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Went to the lfs yesterday and just looking and noticed some of the prices on the fish. 45 for a fake clownfish. 150 for a valentine puffer wut just outrageous prices. Chocolate tang 180. Wut are everyones thought on the price increases of the hobby?
Unfortunate and remember- You have choices in where to spend your dollar

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Driving Road Trip GIF by SoulPancake

OPEC has everything up 200%

Groceries
Eating out
Haircuts
Oil changes
Pet food
.....everything

Nothing you can do other than become ultra rich by becoming a Drug Cartel leader

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local LFS has pretty fair prices. Theyre a little more expensive than some places, but its worth it. A good LFS you can trust is worth it. When I'm looking at a piece of gear: go ahead open the box and play with it. I'm working on fixing my RO unit and was looking for a couple of random parts I couldn't find, they gave me what needed off of a broken one they had. They're stuff is always healthy. They have corals from $10-$2000. A good lfs will support you're hobby way beyond being a place to buy stuff. For example I asked about doing some PAR testing on my lights. Sure, we can stop by and do that when we're in the area for maintenance, no charge. They'll stop in and check on my tanks while I'm out of town. Of course they'll charge me if they need to do anything, but a good lfs WANTS you to be successful in the hobby. If you're successful, you'll keep coming back. A bad lfs just wants to make a sale.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back