Jwalker814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nola aquatics is on the northshore.

Prairieville has a nice one, aqua hut

Rick's reef is ok. In metarie.

Another in slidell. Forgot the name, never been but I've heard a lot about it.

Jwalker814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only ever done business with ricks, aquatic specialties, coral connection, nola, and reef coral in BR.

Of those I would say aquatic specialties and coral connections are both great. Nola aquatics is new [6months in business] but so far so good. They are still getting settled.

Ricks. Eh.

Reef coral was nice. I feel they have more display tanks. Good equipment collections.

Delta pet in slidell - never been have heard lots of good about it.

Aqua hut was a very nice store. Didn't buy anything but everything looked health. Great selection.

Can't really say best or rate them on a scale. Each has something different to offer

Personally my go-to person was either grant who use to work at Coral Connection or Steve who owned Paradise pets (closed) in laplace.

My suggestion. Check them all out.

Jwalker814

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe this will help a little more.

Coral connection offers more tanks and stands some various equipment good selection of food and supplements. Rock. Sand. Tends to have a large collection of anemones macro. Various coral and some time a nice selection of fish that doesn't last long. Good service - if u catch George on a good day. Sad that grants not thereven anymore. But frequent fliers will also help.

Aquatic specialties has a lot of clowns, inverts, great coral selection, supplements food and a small selection of tanks/stands and other equipment. Great customer service.

Ricks. Eh. Have fun with customer service.

Aqua hut had a beautiful selection of fish and coral. Very nice wall of supplements and smaller equipment. Good customer service. Good prices.

Nola aquatics has a small but decent selection of fish and coral. Good supplys and will order just about anything u ask. Good customer service.

Reef coral had some nice, extravagant fish good bit of paired fish. Nice Pod/live food setup/dispensery. Nice frag tanks that were full. High end equipment collection. Eh service

Forgot to mention Ken's in hammond area. Eh. Better than Ricks. But still eh.

As for variety and best places to start I would say aquatic hut, coral connection, aquatic specialties are a go to stores.

AquaDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I've been visiting the New Orleans area for work lately, any updates on these stores? What's really the go to now?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back