Lid for Planet Aquarium 180

wunderlong88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
236
Reaction score
85
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to make a simple acrylic mesh lid for my Planet Aquarium 180. Each of the 3 panels needs to be around 23.5 "x 22.5". I've found grid panels for aquariums on ebay or other places but they have been too small. I have a lip around each of the openings and I didn't want to spend a lot on a custom lids system when it seems like this would be sufficient and minimalist. We can always cut an opening and make a small door to feed through.

I just wondered if anyone has seen panels about this size or maybe 24x24, something we can cut down a bit to fit.

Thanks

20250620_111815.jpg
 
When you say acrylic mesh, do you mean with an acrylic frame wish mesh in the middle?

Or a mesh made of acrylic?

I use the DIY rimless frames from BRS and they work pretty well. A bit of a hassle to get it perfectly straight but also taut, but definitely works great
 
Get a free quote from here
https://walterlids.com/pages/contact
They made me custom panels roughly 24x20. Two of them was less than 150

He’s the best prices in lids around and a bunch of us here have his lids

2CE4EE7E-3318-4F79-8260-08B6406846DB.jpeg
5C62A525-2189-43AA-8E8C-B30D296281AB.jpeg
 
When you say acrylic mesh, do you mean with an acrylic frame wish mesh in the middle?

Or a mesh made of acrylic?

I use the DIY rimless frames from BRS and they work pretty well. A bit of a hassle to get it perfectly straight but also taut, but definitely works great
I don't know. I just want something that fish can't jump out and has a grid, holds up to saltwater and allows air exchange. I thought plastic grid was available to buy and we could cut it but I haven't found anything close to the right size.
 
When you say acrylic mesh, do you mean with an acrylic frame wish mesh in the middle?

Or a mesh made of acrylic?

I use the DIY rimless frames from BRS and they work pretty well. A bit of a hassle to get it perfectly straight but also taut, but definitely works great
This might work for me.
 
You could also go to your favorite big box home supply store and buy a window screen kit. Then get some clear mesh from BRS and make your own
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new