Lid for tank

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a post about this but i was wondering if this would work for a lid for my tank. The water is just evaporating too quickly for my tank.

I have a light that cant go with my normal lid, and i need a type of lid that doesnt allow alot of evaporation.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that same stuff (maybe a different thickness, not sure) it works well and you can cut it with just a box cutter.
I should add that I have a "standard" tank with the plastic rim around the top. I guess you could use this with rimless tanks too but probably need some adapter.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that same stuff (maybe a different thickness, not sure) it works well and you can cut it with just a box cutter.
I should add that I have a "standard" tank with the plastic rim around the top. I guess you could use this with rimless tanks too but probably need some adapter.
Does your water evaporate much with this type of lid, this sounds lazy but i cant really afford to do weekly water changes only monthly.

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 20 gallon "long" tank (30x12x12) with a 10 gallon for a sump, both lidded with this stuff. My evaporation rate is around 300 ml per day ( top off reservoir is 9.4 liters, and it lasts about a month)

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a standard 20 gallon "long" tank (30x12x12) with a 10 gallon for a sump, both lidded with this stuff. My evaporation rate is around 300 ml per day ( top off reservoir is 9.4 liters, and it lasts about a month)
Thanks, when i get a lid i can make the water column alot higher because my fish wont jump out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back