Lids - Clearview Owners: Love/Hate your lid?

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got our new clear view Lid Monday, I am really pleased with it. It fit our tank perfectly we ordered cutouts for the lights, two power cords and a feed door. We went with the Tsunami model to keep price down, there are more elaborate versions you can order that may feature cleaner looks or other benefits. We are completely satisfied with ours. I feel their build quality far exceeds anything I could have put together. Waterbox offers a cover but you have to buy parts and successfully assemble it. Also theirs may not have things like a feed door. I feel this perfectly suits our needs. It will need regular cleaning every salt water spill shows up on it. However that is really to be expected. I think it will accumulate moisture etc from the bottom side so will need vinegar cleaned on a regular basis. However we have fish that might jump so I think the compromises worth it.

IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg
IMG_0960.jpeg

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. As long as you clean it regularly, all you need is a towel moistened with RO water. :)

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever try reptile lids? They have many shapes and sizes I have and old 135 gallon with a piece of glass 1/4-1/3 of the length supporting the middle tank is 6’ so I got two 36” and just used pilers to turn the 4 middle edges under making them flat... then I cut window glass & taped it to the front side I use as a door... the back is just laid in there... I made sure to cut short so there is still an over lap of the glass support but also room for circulation I run a bubble wall right under the glass in the center so there is always up flow...

EDE3EF2F-4B5C-46A4-823F-A5E4717981E2.jpeg A33F2CB0-713D-462D-A1DA-AA0D441DE090.jpeg

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever try reptile lids? They have many shapes and sizes I have and old 135 gallon with a piece of glass 1/4-1/3 of the length supporting the middle tank is 6’ so I got two 36” and just used pilers to turn the 4 middle edges under making them flat... then I cut window glass & taped it to the front side I use as a door... the back is just laid in there... I made sure to cut short so there is still an over lap of the glass support but also room for circulation I run a bubble wall right under the glass in the center so there is always up flow...

EDE3EF2F-4B5C-46A4-823F-A5E4717981E2.jpeg A33F2CB0-713D-462D-A1DA-AA0D441DE090.jpeg
Actually I just removed my metal mesh lids they were fine in fresh water but the salt water is already rusting it so I took it off so I don’t pollute the tanks... I don’t recommend anymore lol worked for a couple days tho lol

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have been using just that so far, I had not thought though of using RO, I was wiping it down with tap water on a damp rag. Might switch though.

RO leaves no streaks. I also use it to clean the glass. :)

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I just removed my metal mesh lids they were fine in fresh water but the salt water is already rusting it so I took it off so I don’t pollute the tanks... I don’t recommend anymore lol worked for a couple days tho lol
Since I only used 1/8” glass to help stop evap... over the metal screen I’ll probably just upgrade to these of I don’t just make them myself since I have contacts to get the plastics from a distributor possibly but here’s a link for glass lids with hinges...https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07H23D35M/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3N1ITIX788DZC&psc=1

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back