Life Rock Question

Morwynn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
32
Location
94534
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello…I’ve seen several posts about Life Rock but haven’t found an answer to my question.

I've started to get some hair algae (I’ve been over feeding ) so I’m dealing with that, but I need help identifying this white coating on the highest points of my Life Rock. None of the inhabitants seem to care, but I don’t want my tank to have the snow covered hills aesthetic.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_7055.jpeg IMG_7054.jpeg
 
It is hard to determine what is from the picture. Are you sure it’s not algae dying and just the natural color of the rock showing? It looks relatively normal to me imo.

However what are your parameters?
 
Assuming that this is a fairly new tank, this would just be part of the normal changes that your system will go through. I wouldn't worry about it as long as your parameters are stable and in line.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new