Life-time GHL ION probe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

What was the life-time of your ION probe?

• 0 months (never worked)

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • 0-1 month

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 1-2 months

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 2-3 months

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 3-4 months

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • 4-5 months

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • +6 months

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some philosophical issues with the way GHL handles problems and their gatekeeping here, but overall am pleased with most of the product. I don't have a lot of experience with CoralVue - but don't have a great opinion of their support or many product lines either. I do think the ReefOctopus skimmers are great, pumps mediocre, but support meh.

Given my poor experience with ReefBot Lab - I may be on the fence for a long time before I buy into any more automated testing.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some philosophical issues with the way GHL handles problems and their gatekeeping here, but overall am pleased with most of the product. I don't have a lot of experience with CoralVue - but don't have a great opinion of their support or many product lines either. I do think the ReefOctopus skimmers are great, pumps mediocre, but support meh.

Given my poor experience with ReefBot Lab - I may be on the fence for a long time before I buy into any more automated testing.
I have two of their hydros wave engine flow controllers, which I think are excellent. And the support I received on those for the couple of "how do I" type questions I've asked has been very good, both responsive and helpful.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Well, if reef product launches have taught us anything, patience is mandatory LOL. We will see what happens, but the next year will be exciting.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if reef product launches have taught us anything, patience is mandatory LOL. We will see what happens, but the next year will be exciting.
I assume that somebody will get it right with a reliable and reasonably accurate device that is also cost effective to operate.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume that somebody will get it right with a reliable and reasonably accurate device that is also cost effective to operate.
In a niche market ……

Hydros has 1 year warranty on their products, I am not feeling the reliable or made to last vibe…

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a niche market ……

Hydros has 1 year warranty on their products, I am not feeling the reliable or made to last vibe…
I guess I should qualify my statement...

Relative to each other and what we have now. Things should get a bit better due to competition.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still waiting on a two probes I ordered, one from Big Show Frags in Canada (ordered 1 month after the unit came out originally) which is waiting on GHL to provide them with the probe and the other directly from GHL which was ordered fall of last year. Still nothing I have a probe that was replaced from the original one my unit came with which is still working but now I send out ICP Test weekly since getting replacement probes is almost unheard of.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 1 year is short, but it’s still 9 months more than the IOND probes (90 days)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/life-time-ghl-ion-probe.938299/post-11591384
Not going to argue the 90 days, but probes are consumables. You know you will replace them eventually, 3 months or 1 year or who knows but you know you will be replace the probes. That is part of the deal.

ION D (the box) or Hydros Maven (the box) are not consumables, hence 1 year warranty is short.
Unless the aim is for them to last 1 year and 1 day and in that case they are consumables.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back