Lifegard Quietone 2200 quit working after one use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this pump on December 30th. I had only used it once in that time but I just went back to try it again and it isn't pushing water. If I take the bottom cap off (the thing that holds the impeller in place, the impeller will spin but if I close it up the impeller just vibrates and can't turn. I tried taking out the impeller and cleaning it out, cleaning out all the points of contact etc. The motor seems ok but it just won't run. Is there something I can do about this? Is there a warranty through either you guys or the manufacturer? Is there any easy fix? My naive guess would just be that the bottom contact is too tight and stopping it from spinning.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Areseebee ,

Oh no! I'm very sorry you are experiencing those issues with your pump! If the bushings and the rubber impeller "stabilizer" on the tip of the impeller are intact, I don't see why it wouldn't spin. From what you describe, it sounds like the rubber tip (stabilizer) is damaged or missing. Lifegard Aquatics does handle the warranty for their pumps and if you could shoot me a quick PM with your account information and order#, I could send you their contact info and a copy of your invoice. :)

I'll get on it right away for you, so you don't have to be dead in the water. :)

-Randy

OP
OP
A

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thanks PMing now. If I had to guess I think maybe that rubber piece swelled up and prevents it from turning now.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back