Lifegard UV help!!!

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to pull the trigger on either the 25w or 40w for my WB 110.4 (105 gallons)

Will primarily be used as algae control but also want the ability to utilize it for parasites should the need arise so the 40w is more appealing.

HOWEVER I have no earthly idea when looking at the specs where this thing can fit under the tank and still be able to remove the bulbs and cleaning. Would anyone with this UV mind sharing a picture of how you have it installed? I do not want it outside of the tank and in order to avoid voiding the warranty on my new tank I don't want to drill into anything and I think my husband might have an actual aneurysm if I drill into the sheetrock.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
These units are not small,

What size tank is this going with?

I'll see if I can get you a picture later on.

OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can mount them vertical or horizontal. My 57w is mounted externally on the stand vertically, easier to service.
Id like to keep it inside the stand to avoid visual clutter outside the tank. The new stands are alloy and the cabinet is 47.2" × 19.7" × 35.4" so I am not sure how it could be mounted inside the cabinet without risk of it falling into the sump and what way to mount it that would allow for easy access to remove and change bulbs

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have it mounted in the stand front to back but my stand is 32" deep, bulb slides out through open door. I wont be home until eve.

Pics to follow

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I faced this exact same issue with my RedSea Reefer 525 G2+ which is a 110g display and 30g sump. The tank is in a central area in my house so it needs to looks as nice and clean as possible. I ordered an IceCap UV sterilizer but it was much larger than I expected be so I returned it. I ended up ordering a 25W Vecton-8 UV since it was reasonable price, looks great, and has a very compact form factor: https://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/store/p4/Vecton-8:_Titan_850_25_Watt_PRO_UV.html

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back