Uv sterilizer size/ used ones

allof fish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2025
Messages
713
Reaction score
334
Location
america
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgraded my tank to a 150g. Has a pretty large sump probably holds around 30 gallons or so. Looking to get a new uv. Was thinking the aqua violet 25w. It’s rated for up to 150. I mainly run it 24/7 for parasites/diseases but don’t really have issues with them. Not adding any new fish for awhile and all the fish I get are all pre quarantined. Is the 25w big enough? There’s a few for sale on eBay but not sure if I trust them? Anybody have a good experience buying one second hand? Thanks!
 
I grabbed my handbook from them, the 25 watt is recommended ("ideal for the reef environment") to run at least 800 to 1200 gph through it to achieve proper kill rates but not injury the desirable planktonic life in a reef.
 
I just upgraded my tank to a 150g. Has a pretty large sump probably holds around 30 gallons or so. Looking to get a new uv. Was thinking the aqua violet 25w. It’s rated for up to 150. I mainly run it 24/7 for parasites/diseases but don’t really have issues with them. Not adding any new fish for awhile and all the fish I get are all pre quarantined. Is the 25w big enough? There’s a few for sale on eBay but not sure if I trust them? Anybody have a good experience buying one second hand? Thanks!
I agree on this unit but if also wanting to have disease prevention, would consider a 40 watt unit
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new