OP
OP
Davileet

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up getting the 24” lifereef with the Sicce pump. It’s been doing well and I take a skimmer cup full of skimmate out every couple of days. It’s dark enough you can’t see light through it.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did end up getting the 24” lifereef with the Sicce pump. It’s been doing well and I take a skimmer cup full of skimmate out every couple of days. It’s dark enough you can’t see light through it.

Which sicce pump did you use? What size tank do you have and what is the total water volume of your system?

OP
OP
Davileet

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which sicce pump did you use? What size tank do you have and what is the total water volume of your system?

Purchased the Sicce Adv 7.0. I have a 250 DD tank with about 40gallon sump, so total water volume minus rocks is probably 250gallons.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use a Mag pump but thinking of using a Sicce soon. Do you have any photos of your sicce plumbed to the skimmer

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that you can not use a skimmate locker. You might want to call Jeff and talk to him.

I had tried one and it failed. I ended up running a small 3/8" tube from the drain on the skimmer directly to a drain I have in my basement. I control it with a solenoid and use my Apex to open the drain line once a day for 5 minutes. Works like a charm and I don't have to worry about cleaning out a big smelly container, only the the cup.

MickeyCT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those of you running the 24" skimmer with the Sicce - I'm curious where the water level is inside your skimmer to get good skimmage.

I've been considering the Sicce ADV 7.0 or a 9.0. Several years ago I switched to a Syncra Silent from the Mag 12 and it's not performing as well as it used to. My water level in the skimmer is pretty high (just higher than the body).

OP
OP
Davileet

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that you can not use a skimmate locker. You might want to call Jeff and talk to him.

I had tried one and it failed. I ended up running a small 3/8" tube from the drain on the skimmer directly to a drain I have in my basement. I control it with a solenoid and use my Apex to open the drain line once a day for 5 minutes. Works like a charm and I don't have to worry about cleaning out a big smelly container, only the the cup.

Using a skimmate locker with a float switch of some kinda that shuts off the pump should work fine with the Lifereef, but the ping pong float variety may be a different argument.

OP
OP
Davileet

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those of you running the 24" skimmer with the Sicce - I'm curious where the water level is inside your skimmer to get good skimmage.

I've been considering the Sicce ADV 7.0 or a 9.0. Several years ago I switched to a Syncra Silent from the Mag 12 and it's not performing as well as it used to. My water level in the skimmer is pretty high (just higher than the body).

I get decent skimming using the ADV 7.0 at about 8" if I remember correctly. I can verify this evening when I get home, but the water line is just above the whole opening on the gate valve output.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine came from Jeff with the Mag 18 which worked great but was too noisy I am now using a Fluval SP4 and the skimmer works great with this pump.

Back