Light distance from water for mixed reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter aurora.k
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aurora.k

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
382
Reaction score
412
Location
Paso Robles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I’m setting up my new Red Sea reefer 250 (55 gal display) and want maximum coral growth in my mixed reef. I will be installing AquaticLife 36" T5/HO Hybrid Light w/ Mounting System for LED Lights with four 36” T5s (two blue coral, 1 Coral grow, and 1 something else...) and two Kessil 360NEs. How far above the water should I install the lights?

Also, what light should I get for the sump / algae?

Thanks!
 
Hello!

I’m setting up my new Red Sea reefer 250 (55 gal display) and want maximum coral growth in my mixed reef. I will be installing AquaticLife 36" T5/HO Hybrid Light w/ Mounting System for LED Lights with four 36” T5s (two blue coral, 1 Coral grow, and 1 something else...) and two Kessil 360NEs. How far above the water should I install the lights?

Also, what light should I get for the sump / algae?

Thanks!
I've got the same setup except with the Kessil Ap700, I went with 8 inches off the waters surface, that gave me the best blanket of par across the whole tank. For the refugium you could do the most popular Kessil H380, however if budget doesn't allow it there are a plethora of grow lights available on amazon for anywhere from 50-150$
I personally use the Kessil H380 and love it, another user on here @BigJohnny uses this one
https://www.amazon.com/Growstar-Spe...26&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=UFO+Grow+Light&psc=1
and has also had great success with it :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new