Light for 10g frag QT tank

brendans_life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping someone could help with finding a good light for my 10 gallon frag QT tank, i want something that i can ramp up for more demanding corals or turn down for things like soft coral. Can't be larger that 20inches as it has to fit under the display tank.
The light i am looking at now is the AI prime hd.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping someone could help with finding a good light for my 10 gallon frag QT tank, i want something that i can ramp up for more demanding corals or turn down for things like soft coral. Can't be larger that 20inches as it has to fit under the display tank.
The light i am looking at now is the AI prime hd.
AI prime HD would be perfect :) great choice ;)

Bertle92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently looking into buying someones old setup and they have an aquamaxx, do those work as well?
I have heard really good things about AI prime

Dystinction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the AI Prime HD. Not very expensive. Great control, and will cover your 10 gal with no issues.
No issues with my AI's yet!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your on a budget , A Aquaknight worked really good on my 10

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the AI Prime HD. Not very expensive. Great control, and will cover your 10 gal with no issues.
No issues with my AI's yet!
Wow I want to do whatever you do if you consider an AI prime to be not very expensive!

OP, I just got one of these off Amazon for my coral QT.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI prime HD would be perfect :) great choice ;)

I had a prime HD on my 10g frag tank -- not nearlry enough light for anything besides zoas dead center.

I would say minimum a pair of AI Primes if its going to be an extended stay in the tank.

falc

If I die today, I die a happy man.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Kessil A160 on my 10 coral QT/acclamation tank and it does great! Both SPS and LPS I have in there now are doing great!

OP
OP
B

brendans_life

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I want to do whatever you do if you consider an AI prime to be not very expensive!

OP, I just got one of these off Amazon for my coral QT.
I agreed they are not cheap, i do see the value of the when compared to other fully controllable lights. Thats why i am considering one.

starypotter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agreed they are not cheap, i do see the value of the when compared to other fully controllable lights. Thats why i am considering one.
Oh absolutely, I would have an AI Prime or similar level programable light, but I'm on a college student budget here so that wasn't exactly an option. And to be getting 2 or more for my main tank on top of it but if I was in a position where I was earning more and was able to afford it more reasonably I would've went for it. As it is I already cringed so hard when I had to get a second blackbox light with my upgrade.

Back