Light friendly stocking for 180 mixed reef

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 180 gallon. 75 gal sump. Half of sump is a refugium. Here is my stocking list. Tank will be mixed reef. Also thinking clams and stars. Large cuc. Tank is little over 2 months old. Water is good and have few snails roaming around at night.

Fish in order.
———————
2x pajama Cardinals
3 blue green chromis
Lawnmower Blenny
Watchman goby with pair pistol shrimp
Blue dartfish
Yellowhead jawfish
2x ocellaris clownfish
Red mandarin dragonet (this will be added when tank is 7-9 months old and I have active copepod growth in my refugium)
Yellow tang
Hippo tang

That is it. Good amount of coral and keep most of tank open so fish can swim. Couple clams and stars. Cuc will be snails crabs shrimps. Please let me know what your thinking. Thanks.

OP
OP
K

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the list good in stocking order? What should go in what order or stages? I’m gonna add the chromis and pj soon as they have them at my LFS.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be pretty fierce defending the area around their favorite perch.

OP
OP
K

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok understand now. Let’s the other fish settle in before letting him pick a spot. So could I add some clowns in there early on then?

OP
OP
K

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for help my daughter will enjoy having her fish in early. I’ll keep ya posted

Nick Gianakos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm personally not a fan of chromis. I find them very plain. If it was my tank I would swap out the chromis for zebra bar gobies. They have the same blue green color with a nice stripes and a bit of red or purple. They also have a schooling behavior like the chromis if that's what you were looking for. You could put them in the same order as the chromis would go as well.

OP
OP
K

KingSpaded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 3 chromis and 2 pajama Cardinals 4 days ago. 2 chromis came out the gate swinging at the other he had marks on him within 24 hrs. Tried to get him out but he would hide and was fast. Woke up next day and he was gone. Later that day wife pointed out one of the pajama were missing. Came home from work and sure enough down to one pajama. So now 2 chromis and 1 pajama in the tank. Woke up this morning and down to 1 chromis and 1 pajama. Found his body and it was all marked up with missing eyes. Rough weekend. Checking parameters pretty much everyday and everything is solid and perfect. Just a rough start I guess.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back