Light recommendations for 9gal Fluval Flex

vaguelyreeflike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking to break the bank, but want an upgraded light for the 9gal Flex. I’ve yet to transition it to salt and begin cycling, but I can’t see the light being able to grow much other than hardy softies.

I plan to get either a glass or mesh top for it so a clip on light would be nice.

I would like some SPS and LPS in there eventually, its going to be used as a “frag grow out” tank/pico reef.

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d agree the AI prime is probably the easy answer. Between ease of use, programmability, and performance, pretty tough to beat.

I have a kessil a80 tuna blue over my fluval Evo 5, and honestly, I wish it were brighter. I love the color and everything from it, just doesn’t quite light it up enough. If you were to go with those, I’d recommend 2 of them linked together, and the other downside is you have to buy a separate controller if you want to maximize them, there is no phone app to set it and forget it so to speak. It it is great color so there’s that.

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what length that tank is, but another thought occurred… they now make the 12” AI blade. One grow, one glow. Bout the same price as the prime I think (give or take)

Back