Light Settings in a Red Sea Max Nano Mixed Reef

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 26, 2020
Messages
1,866
Reaction score
2,068
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all,

Would Really appreciate some help. I have the redsea max nano tank and the 50W light that comes with it. Tank is an 18" cube. I currently have it set to 70% blue 0% white. It's a very mixed tank without acros but has digitatas, stylos, birdnest, montis, etc. on top and zoas, torch/hammers, scolys towards the bottom of the tank. Every time I get chalices or gonis even putting them low in the tank they seem to bleach but everything else is okay and the SPS is thriving. Should I lower the intensity of the blues and does it matter I have no whites on? Should mention another issue is my nitrates are always super low but just added more fish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new